mercredi 14 janvier 2009

adieu, tristesse II

"On my sixth birthday I drew myself a target for raindrops.
Inside the outer ring I wrote,
“Good aim. Well done little goose!”
In the inner ring I wrote,
“You are amazing. So accurate my little pea!”
And then there was a tiny bullseye,
too small to write anything inside.
I took the target into the garden and sat next to it.
I waited and waited with the excitement building as
the sky darkened.
Finally, the first drop fell and galloped down.
It landed, where else, dead centre!
Happy birthday!
I was so happy I shed a tear.
Then the tear and the raindrop fell in love.
I assumed the role of priest and had them
bound in holy matrimony.
Then I assumed the role of aeroplane and had them
flown to Brazil on a glittering honeymoon."

cliquez ici aussi

Aucun commentaire:

Archives du blog